The KNOX is the first convertible car seat from UPPAbaby (for US and Canada). A natural extension in the category after the success of the MESA infant car seat, the KNOX provides a rear and forward-facing solution for parents as their baby outgrows the infant car seat.
A chemical-free choice: Through its innovative use of Merino wool, JORDAN and Gregory KNOX passes federal safety standards without the use of fire retardant chemicals. The wicking properties of Merino wool keeps kids cool on hot days and warm on cool days.
The KNOX’s SMARTSecure System™, similar to the MESA, provides visual indication that turns from red to green, telling parents and caregivers when the car seat is correctly installed, while the Universal Tether used in rear-facing mode reduces rotation of the seat and stress on the child’s head and neck in both frontal and rear impacts.
- SMARTSecure™ system provides visual confirmation the car seat is installed correctly
- Clearly marked belt paths with robust lock-offs enable parents to simply route the belts through appropriate channels then tension belt through lock-off to establish a secure installation
- Universal Tether in rear-facing mode significantly reduces seat rotation and stress on the child’s head and neck in front and rear impact.
- In forward-facing mode, the Universal Tether can keep the top of the seat back an additional four to six inches during a crash preventing harmful secondary impacts while significantly reducing injury.
- Adjustable nine-position no-rethread harness that adjusts with headrest
- SIDE IMPACT & ADVANCED PROTECTION
- ENERGY RESPONSE HEADREST utilizes the absorption and recovery properties of memory foam and EPP to provide advanced Side Impact Protection
- SMART SIP Absorbing Pods located on side of shell utilize EPP to disperse forces in the event of a side impact crash
- EPP Foam used throughout the seat as well as strategic placement between the inner and outer shell create an effective crash mitigation zone delivering advanced protection. Crash forces are absorbed into the seat rather than the child.
- Rear facing convertible from 14 – 40 lbs
- Forward facing from 25 – 65 lbs; up to 49” in height
- Infant Insert Accessory recommended for use from birth to 6 months
- Tested to FMVSS 213/CMVSS 213
Order Now and Get Pump Station Perks:
- Free Virtual Consult or Santa Monica Store Car Seat Installation or Gear Assembly
- Product Education & Registration
- Contact-less Curb-Side Pick-Up
For local installation/build-out choose "Local Pickup" at checkout, and we'll call you upon product arrival to confirm your appointment.
NOTE: Special Orders take 2-4 weeks unless noted. All Special Order Sales Are Final.