Our lactation support team has been working to help mothers meet their breastfeeding goals for over 33 years. All of our lactation consultants are IBCLC certified, and most are registered nurses with a focus on newborn care.
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, home visits and Pump Station “in office” visits are not available at this time. However, we are currently offering virtual video appointments with our lactation team to support you in meeting your breastfeeding goals on Charm EHR. Please note that Charm is HIPPA COMPLIANT, which means it is a safe platform to exchange your secure, confidential and protected personal information. Many platforms being used are NOT HIPPA compliant thus pose risks with regards to privacy and confidentiality. We offer a variety of consultations, to help you determine what you need, we've provided some guidelines:
Schedule an 85 minute consult if:
- You're looking for a full lactation consultation with support on latch, plus you have additional questions regarding baby care basics
- You are a mother of multiples
- Your baby is transitioning from the NICU
- Price $160.00
- Your baby is less then 2 weeks old
- You’re having any latch or breastfeeding issues
- Going back to work and looking for a customized plan of care
- You have plugged ducts or mastitis
- You have concerns re: Milk supply
- Your baby is not gaining weight
- Nursing without a nipple shield
- You have nipple pain
- Price $120.00
Schedule a 25 minute consult if you have general questions about:
- General Infant Feeding Questions (without baby)
- You are working with one of our consultants and need a follow-up
- Symphony Breast Pump Rental and Use
- Formula feeding /supplements (and breastfeeding is going well!)
- Breastfeeding/pumping schedule
- Bottle refusal
- Back to work and pumping
- Colic /reflux gas pain
- Our favorite breastfeeding products
- Price $60.00
If you have general questions about breastfeeding, please consider attending our virtual support groups led by one of our IBCLS on Tuesdays and Thursdays at from 1:15 – 2:30. Learn More and Enroll Here.
While all of our breastfeeding support team is IBCLC certified, the online assistance you receive during your phone/video consultation is not meant as a substitute for professional guidance from your local health care professional. Please check with your health care provider when making decisions concerning lactation that may impact the health and well-being of you and/or your breastfeeding child. If you are concerned about your breastfeeding situation, or about your health or the health of your child, please call your health care provider immediately.
Plus - Book your consultation with us and get 20% off breastfeeding supplies, apparel, supplements etc. after your visit.
To Book a Phone / Video Breastfeeding Support Consultation:
- Scroll down to bottom of this page - look for callout "Choose Your Provider"
- Select provider that has schedule that may work best for you
- Select the Service that meets your needs based on the criteria above
- Search calendar and select day/time that works for you
- Complete the requested Information, hit Next
- Fill out reason for appointment and Credit Card Information, hit Confirm and you will receive 2 emails:
- Video Consult Confirmation - with video link for your consultation
- Questionnaire Notification - Please complete all forms prior to your appointment. If forms are filled out in advance we will be able to best maximize your consultation time with breastfeeding support
Same Day Appointments are available. if you have difficulty booking a same day appointment , please contact our staff at the SM store at 310-998-1981 and they will check our teams availability and do their best to accommodate you.
- Fill out your paperwork before your appointment
- Login into your appointment a couple of minutes before it begins.
- Log in with BOTH your computer ( we see each other ) AND a phone ( to better see baby latch and nurse)
- Have a partner available to help act as camera person , especially for positioning and latch issues
- Dial in a few minutes early to ensure the best connection
- Make a list of questions ahead of time to help focus you time spent in the consult
- Be open to extending the visit if needed. We want to be thorough and give you the best support we can.
- If you would like to learn how to assemble or use your pump or be fitted for breast pump flanges, be sure that all of your parts are sterilized before the appointment begins
- If using a bottle - please have it in the room with you and milk or formula available.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Santa Monica store at 310-998-1981, and we look forward to helping you.