Our lactation support team has been working to help mothers meet their breastfeeding goals for over 33 years. All of our lactation consultants are IBCLC certified, and most are registered nurses with a focus on newborn care.
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, home visits and Pump Station “in office” visits are not available at this time. However, we are currently offering virtual video appointments with our lactation team to support you in meeting your breastfeeding goals on Doxy.me and OneTouch. Please note that both Doxy and OneTouch are HIPPA COMPLIANT, both are safe platforms to exchange your secure, confidential and protected personal information. Platforms like Zoom and Facetime are NOT HIPPA compliant thus pose risks with regards to privacy and confidentiality. We offer a variety of consultations, to help you determine what you need, we've provided some guidelines:
Schedule an 85 minute consult if:
- You're looking for a full lactation consultation with support on latch, plus you have additional questions regarding baby care basics
- You are a mother of multiples
- Your baby is transitioning from the NICU
- Your baby is less then 2 weeks old
- You’re having any latching issues
- Going back to work and looking for a customized plan of care
- You have plugged ducts or mastitis
- You have concerns re: Milk supply
- Your baby is not gaining weight
- You have nipple pain
Schedule a 25 minute consult if you have general questions about:
- Symphony Breast Pump Rental and Use
- Formula feeding /supplements
- Breastfeeding/pumping schedule
- Bottle refusal
- Back to work and pumping
- Nipple shield
- Colic /reflux gas pain
- Our favorite breastfeeding products
If you have general questions about breastfeeding, please consider attending our virtual support groups led by one of our IBCLS on Tuesdays and Thursdays at from 1:15 – 2:30. Learn More and Enroll Here.
While all of our breastfeeding support team is IBCLC certified, the online assistance you receive during your phone/video consultation is not meant as a substitute for professional guidance from your local health care professional. Please check with your health care provider when making decisions concerning lactation that may impact the health and well-being of you and/or your breastfeeding child. If you are concerned about your breastfeeding situation, or about your health or the health of your child, please call your health care provider immediately.
Plus - book your consultation with us and get 20% off breastfeeding supplies, apparel, supplements etc. after your visit.
To Book a Phone / Video Breastfeeding Support Consultation:
- Scroll down to bottom of this page
- In field titled "Find An Appointment" please select appointment time/type from drop down menu
- In field titled "Find An Instructor" - if you have a preference please select
- Please select the date range you want to search on the calendar below and hit “Search”.
- You’ll be given a list of available appointment times so you can select the one that’s most convenient for you. Please note that all appointment times are in the Pacific Time Zone.
- When doing a random search you will see appointments only 7 days out
- Same day appointments are available
- If you have difficulty booking a same day appointment , please contact our staff at the SM store at 310-998-1981 and they will check our teams availability and do their best to accommodate you.
- If you need to cancel your consultations we ask for at least 3 hours notice. If cancellation is made within 3 hours of consult, we will put a credit on your account and re-schedule at a later time.
We use MindBody to schedule our appointments. If you have an account, just log in. If not, you can quickly set one up. Please make sure you leave the boxes checked to receive email/text/SMS messages on scheduling so you can receive your appointment reminder and instructions.
We ask that you please log into your appointment a couple minutes before it begins. You’ll want to go to the portal page shown on your confirmation from either your smartphone or a computer with a webcam, enter your email and your consultant’s code, and answer a couple of brief questions.
TIPS for a successful virtual consult
- Have a partner available to help act as camera person , especially for positioning and latch issues
- Dial in a few minutes early to ensure the best connection
- Make a list of questions ahead of time to help focus you time spent in the consult
- Be open to extending the visit if needed. We want to be thorough and give you the best support we can.
- If you would like to learn how to assemble or use your pump or be fitted for breast pump flanges, be sure that all of your parts are sterilized before the appointment begins
- If using a bottle - please have it in the room with you and milk or foumula available.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Santa Monica store at 310-998-1981, and we look forward to helping you.