Photo Credit: Klose Up Photography
What is a Postpartum Doula?
• A highly-trained, experienced professional who provides nurturing support to families as they transition to parenthood.
• We work together with families to provide emotional and physical support, as well as evidenced-based education. By demonstrating safe, AAP (American Association of Pediatrics) approved practices, doulas teach parents to know their baby and tend to his/her needs, while empowering parents to make the right choices for their family and be the kind of parent they want to be.
• Simply put, we are an extra set of hands to support your family and help you get things done in those first few weeks home. We assist in baby care & education, support postpartum moms, and provide lactation support.
• From the first week home, our doulas will guide you through the process of getting to know your baby and identify his or her cues and needs. We can also serve as a referral source to connect you with the right professional, if there are challenges to address.
• We are experts in newborn care and traditionally work with families to provide overnight or daytime support, up to 16-weeks-old. Sometimes, we work together for just a few weeks, but ideally, we suggest a support schedule that tapers off gradually and covers at least the 6 weeks of mom’s postpartum recovery.
No matter your family’s need, we work to customize a support schedule that works for your family and gives you peace of mind so you can enjoy the incredible journey into parenthood!.
Here are Concierge Services our Doulas can support you with:
What’s so fabulous about a Pump Station postpartum doula?
On-going education and mentorship is a vital piece that makes our expert team so fabulous! In addition to extensive doula training by DONA (Doulas of North America) or CAPPA (Childbirth & Postpartum Professional Association), our doulas attend quarterly training sessions presented by industry experts and birth professionals, including customized lactation courses and sleep science. All doulas are current in their immunizations and are certified in infant CPR. Many of our team has additional certifications or training in other birth industry positions, including birth doulas, Newborn Care Specialists, Happiest Baby Educators, Babywearing, and CLE’s (certified lactation educators).
Our team is selected to provide support and comfort to your family. All references and background checks are on file, as well as individual liability insurance for each doula. All our doulas are all highly personable, educated, and warm professionals. We promise to work with you to select the right doula to match your family’s dynamics and learning style. While all our doulas are fantastic, they represent a diverse group of interests and specialties. We are committed to matching the right doula for your family!
Why choose a Pump Station Doula?
Because it takes a village -- Come be part of ours! For more than 30 years, The Pump Station & Nurtury has been a resource for all new families, providing education, lactation expertise, and curated baby products. Now, you can take a piece of that expertise home with you! With a postpartum doula at your side, you will have all that experience and expertise guiding you along the way.
PLUS….With 100 hours of support, you will also receive the following “Village Discounts”
Retail Discounts -- through your baby’s 1st year!
- 20% Off Baby Clothes & Toys
- 10% Off Nursing Supplies & Clothing
- 10% Off Baby Care Basics
Complimentary Education & Support
- Newborn or 4 month Sleep Class
- Breastfeeding Support Groups – 2 sessions included
How do I create a postpartum plan & schedule a doula?
Give us a call – or send an email! We consider each family's unique needs and customize a postpartum plan to select an ideal doula to support you.
Please contact us to find out more about how our services can help your family.
Currently servicing the Orange County and Greater Los Angeles areas.
Phone: (310) 998-1981
What people are saying...
YELP 5 STAR REVIEW ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“This is a review for the postpartum doula services offered by the Pump Station. I had a really great experience with them from start to finish. After working unsuccessfully with another service on postpartum doula support I called Donna at the Pump Station and found her to be really well organized and supportive of my needs. I called with only a few weeks left before my due date and Donna managed to secure 2 amazing doulas to help out for 6 weeks after my delivery. As a first time parent I had pretty much no idea what I needed in terms of support and Donna's suggestions in terms of how to structure the night/day support over the first 6 weeks turned out to be spot on.
Our day doula Sheri was amazingly knowledgable about newborn needs and showed us so many basic care tips that we never would have figured out without her, from sleep/wake time to breastfeeding tips, what to expect in terms of growth spurts and behavior and more.
Nancy was our night doula and her support was so critical to the first 6 weeks of our baby's life. We really could not have done it without her! I wasn't exactly sure what a night doula would do before the birth and now I realize how important having someone there overnight really is. She allowed my husband to get some much needed rest after delivery, because in the first days I needed someone to bring the baby to me, change his diaper, and put the baby back to sleep every couple hours, as I was physically incapable of doing so. With my husband able to sleep at night he was able to then help me the following day. As the weeks went on Nancy helped us introduce our son to a bottle so he will be accustomed to it when I go back to work, which allowed me to get a little bit more sleep as well. She also offered advice and tips on everything related to baby care. Nancy was incredibly kind and caring with our son and even helped tidy up around the house overnight when he was sleeping. I can't recommend her enough!
Having a postpartum doula is an investment, but it is well worth it- especially if you don't have a relative or friend actually staying with you for those first few weeks. The Pump Station did a great job for us and I will definitely be contacting them again for our next child!”