Having a baby is a time of celebration, but it is also a time of big transitions as you try to navigate your way through the uncharted terrain of parenting!
At The Pump Station, we have discovered that it is so important for new parents to have a community to come to every week where they can discuss and process questions like
- “How do I know if I am doing this parenting thing right?”
- “How do I play and connect with my baby?”
- “How do I get my baby on some type of sleep schedule?”
- “How do I keep from getting frustrated with my partner over, well, everything?”
- “When and how do I introduce solids?”
- "Can I prevent food allergies?"
- “How do I stay sane during this insane time of my life?”
The list goes on and on!
All our Parent & Me Groups are led by credentialed therapists who specialize in early child development and maternal mental health. They are based on a mindful and conscious parenting philosophy, emphasizing how to parent with reflection, respect and connection. Our goal is for you to leave feeling confident and supported in your role as a parent!
We offer 75-minute sessions that meet once weekly for 8 weeks. There are five 8-week sessions in total that begin when your baby is 4-8 weeks old, and conclude with a very special graduation day as babies are approaching their first birthday. A new topic is presented for discussion each week, but we always include developmental play, as well as a "check-in" time to connect and ask questions. As babies grow, so does the curriculum, adding new activities to each session to help promote baby’s development.
- Weekly handouts that include the most up-to-date and current research.
- 10% off all merchandise
- 20% off Baby Clothes, Toys and Books
- Free Intro Pack ($24 Value) of Early Allergen Introduction supplements from Ready.Set.Food!**
- Attend any of our New Mother’s Support Group for only $10 ($5 savings!)
So join us and build your village!! Enjoy learning and developing close relationships with other new parents in your community, all while your babies make new friends and enjoy their very first social experience!!
Learn more about the Parent & Me Groups we offer:
One of the best investments you can make in yourself as a new Mom! You will meet other first time Mommies with babies the same age as yours and gain the guidance, education and friendships that ALL new Mothers need.
Parenting is different the 2nd (and 3rd) time around! Meet other 2nd/3rd time Moms with babies the same age as your youngest and enjoy a safe space to discuss and process questions unique to parenting more than one child!
When a baby first arrives, each partner experiences amazing joy as well as faces huge challenges. No relationship is unaltered. Join other new moms AND dads as you navigate your way through the uncharted terrain of parenthood together!
Now that your baby has become a toddler, it’s a whole new world! Connect with other Moms and gain the tools you and your toddler need to grow during this magical, yet challenging stage!
Dads, you are not babysitters, you are parents building the foundation of a life-long relationship. Develop positive habits now to help you, your partner and your child for the rest of your lives. Stepdads, Granddads and “Mannys” welcome! Please note: these are 90-minute sessions for dads and their infants or toddlers.
GROUPS OFFERED IN 3 LOCATIONS:
- Santa Monica - 2415 Wilshire Blvd
- Hollywood - 1248 Vine St
- Calabasas @ Calabasas Academy of Dance - 4505 Las Virgenes Rd, #102
- Marina Del Rey @ The Riveter - 4505 Glencoe
To register you may do one of the following:
- Reserve your spot today! Use the "Enroll Now" button at the top of this page if you already know which group to join or click on the group descriptions above to learn more about each group and secure your registration by clicking on the "Enroll Now" or "Sign Up" buttons!
- Not sure which Parent & Me Group to join? Email us at ParentAndMe@Pumpstation.com and include:
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your Phone #
- Your little one's Birth Date/Due Date
- Your desired group location (Santa Monica, Calabasas, Marina Del Rey, or Hollywood)
Meet Our Instructors
Please note: We are not able to offer trials, audits, or makeup classes.
**All babies are at risk of developing food allergies. Science now shows you can prevent them before they start. Based on groundbreaking studies, Ready, Set, Food! helps reduce the risk of the top 3 childhood food allergies by up to 80%. Get two weeks free when you join Session 1 of any of our Parent & Me Groups (excluding Toddler & Me.)
Parent & Me Groups Recommended Toys: The Pump Station Family Experts have carefully selected these items because they are SAFE with lots of interesting visual and textual features. Great for little growing minds, hands, and eyes, and the babies love them, too.
Photo Credit: Klose Up Photography
What Our New Parents Are Saying
The Pump Station was my lifeline when I had my first baby! Mommy & Me was one of the most rewarding things that I did with my baby during her first year, especially as a first time mom. Every week, we came together to bond with other mommies and babies going through the same types of things that we were experiencing. We loved the nurturing and encouragement we got from the class leader, Jill Campbell, whose guided discussion topics were always mindful, timely and relevant to our babies development. - Liza B
I love the Mommy and Me Classes - I'm about to start my 3rd, 8 week session and I find it really helpful, especially as a first time mom. Our teacher covers everything from screen time, to 1st foods, to "relationship around baby" discussions. This week, we learned about using praise appropriately. The best part about these classes though, are the friends you make. We have so much fun together! - Jeni H
This group was one of the best things i ever did - I will never forget my first class. I came home and was so happy- not only had i gotten out of the house, i found others that were in the exact same place as me, No longer was I at this alone - I now had a group to lean on and learn from. This was a group where it was safe to cry, to be happy, to be mad or just zone out from complete exhaustion. I'm still friends with a lot of girls from this group 3 years later and we still all get together. I just had my second baby and I can't wait to start the mommy and me program for second time moms. - Liz P