Being a new parent is tough. It’s a time of massive change in all aspects of your life, from the physical and emotional recovery from childbirth, to the loss of control, on top of the changes that every relationship goes through. We get it, and that’s why we continue to provide so much education and support for new parents. From our prenatal classes to help you get ready, to our ongoing Parent & Me groups that meet weekly to discuss the important emotional, physical and developmental changes you and your family are going through as they happen, we’ve been supporting our community for over thirty-four years.
Now we’re excited to be able to provide one-on-one parenting support for parents to complement our group offerings. We can personally guide you through those tough challenges all parents face, or even those that arise with a second or third child. By meeting with you on a one-to-one basis, we can answer those nagging questions that are specific to your situation and get you the help you need to parent confidently.
Our parenting experts have led our widely acclaimed Parent & Me groups for over 10 years, while also working with new parents in an individual practice setting, so they’ve worked with hundreds of new parents. While everyone’s situation is different, they have both the experience and the training to be able to quickly identify the best way to navigate your specific situation in confidential, one-on-one sessions that are focused on you and your family’s needs. These are not therapy sessions, but they will provide you with expert advice on how to work through the parenting and relationship challenges that every parent faces.
Relationship Coaching with Julia Kantor, LMFT
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Julia Kantor, coaches couples in research-based tools to strengthen their relationship and deepen connection.
Her approach is grounded in the Gottman Institute’s 40 years of research with thousands of couples on what makes relationships successful!
Topics include but are not limited to:
• How to navigate common differences at the core of conflicts.
• Tools for how to complain without blame to resolve conflicts constructively
• Staying connected post-baby
• Conscious division of labor
• The science of when and how to take a break in conflict
• Understanding each other’s love languages
• Enhancing emotional connection & physical intimacy
Parenting Support w/ Elyse Bennett, MSW, CLE
Topics include but are not limited to:
• Preparing for a sibling
• Sibling relationships
• Setting limits
• Temper tantrums
• Picky eaters
• Nurturing empathy
• Managing distanced learning
• Back to work logistics (childcare, pumping etc)
• Mindful parenting
• Potty training
• Establishing healthy routines
• Open Topics
Consultations are 55 minutes in length. If you can’t find a time slot that works for you email ParentAndMe@Pumpstation.com and Norma will connect you with Elyse or Julia so you can find a mutually agreeable time to meet.
Same Day Appointments are sometimes available. if you have difficulty booking one, please contact our staff at the SM store at 310-998-1981 and they will check out availability and do their best to accommodate you.
If you need to cancel your appointment we require at least 8 hours for a full refund or to reschedule. There is a $50 fee charged if you cancel less than 8 hours before your appointment. If you have mitigating circumstances please contact the store.
To Book a Video Consultation:
- Scroll down to bottom of this page - look for callout "Choose Your Provider"
- Select Elyse if you are looking to book a Parenting Consultation or Julia if you are looking for Relationship Consultation
- Search calendar and select day/time that works for you
- Complete the requested Information, hit Next
- Fill out reason for appointment and Credit Card Information, hit Confirm and you will receive 2 or 3 emails:
- If you are a new to our system you will get an email to register your account.
- Consultation Confirmation - date and time. Julia and Elyse will send you Zoom link for consultation
- Questionnaire Notification - In order to best support you, you will receive a brief questionnaire with questions to answer prior to your consultation.
- Fill out your paperwork before your appointment
- Login into your appointment a couple of minutes before it begins to ensure the best connection
- Make a list of questions ahead of time to help focus your time spent in the consult