- We have reached out to the local, leading pediatricians we work with, plus the registered nurses and licensed therapists on our team who have reiterated what we have heard from other health care professionals. There are no known community based outbreaks in the Greater Los Angeles area, and no one has been advised to limit their public activities. More illnesses are expected in the broader community, and it’s clear that we should be prepared for that.
- We prominently display our "Healthy Parent Healthy Baby" Policy and we continue to ask that anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness do not come into the store. This includes our support team as well.
- We have always wiped down our developmental play toys and other products between our classes, and we will of course continue to do so. The floor coverings are changed after each class. Additionally, out of an abundance of caution, we are more frequently wiping down exposed surfaces which people most commonly come into contact with.
- In terms of precautions that each of us can take, doctors are currently advising the same preventative measures as for the flu or common cold. Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is advised, and as difficult as it is, people should avoid touching their faces as much as they can, since that is a primary path for contracting these types of viruses.
- And, as always, hand sanitizers are available for use throughout our stores.
For more information, We encourage you to download the Podcast The Hamilton Review, When Kids and Culture Collide hosted by our good friend Dr. Bob Hamilton, Founder of Pacific Ocean Pediatrics and creator of the Hamilton Hold. In Dr. Bob's Podcast this past Tuesday he had and open and very informative conversation with Dr. Paul Krogstad regarding Covid-19. Dr. Krogstad is the Professor of Pediatrics at Mattel's Children's Hospital and he specializes in Pediatric Infectious Disease. We found this very helpful and reassuring to listen to!